Change of Address

In response to overwhelming demand (one member asked for this) we thought it would be a good idea to summarize what an ACS member should do if she or he moves, or changes his or her phone number or e-mail address.

I. To change your national ACS record:
You need to notify the ACS Records Office in Washington, DC of your new information. Unfortunately, it can take up to two months before everything is in place, so please be patient. If you need further help with a membership issue, you can e-mail our Section Secretary.

There are two ways you can proceed:
1. You can telephone ACS headquarters in Washington at 1-800-333-9511 (a toll-free call), or
2. You can e-mail your information to

Either way, you will need to provide your membership number (from your membership card, your bill, or your mailing label on C&EN), and the old and new address, phone number, etc.

II. To change the address we use for your paper copy of the Silicon Valley Chemist:
We no longer use address labels obtained from the National office to send out the Silicon Valley Chemist (our monthly newsletter). You can access copies of the Silicon Valley Chemist from January, 1999 to the very latest one online by clicking here. To get paper ones by mail, or to change the address to which we send them,  you must write to

Silicon Valley Section
American Chemical Society
PO Box 395
Palo Alto, CA 94302-0395

and ask us to change your address or add your address to the list (IT’S FREE). We have changed to this system to save the large amounts of money we used to spend printing and mailing thousands of copies every month.